BeginIdeas, a certified minority small business, provides innovative management and technology solutions to government agencies. We serve our government customers with integrity first, service before self, and excellence in everything we do.
Our seasoned team has extensive experience working with all levels government and supporting senior executives from both the private and government sectors. We are a team of exceptional business technologist practitioners who have achieved industry recognition for delivering innovative results quickly and cost effectively.
We utilize the following industry best-practices, processes, and standards in our customer engagements:
- Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI)
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
BeginIdeas can provide expertise in several areas, including:
- Strategic Planning
- Enterprise Architecture
- Project Management
- Business Intelligence
- Configuration Management
- Identity Management
- Software Development
- System Integration
- Website Modernization
Our capabilities combine our breadth of experience, service offerings, SMR (simple, measurable, and repeatable) processes, and industry best practices, to deliver cost-effective and customer-focused solutions.
The capabilities listed below apply across domain areas, due to our focus on process and methodology. We have experience with a variety of system development life cycle methodologies, and we leverage that approach which is most appropriate for our customer’s environment. We supplement our proven approach by assigning subject-matter experts with domain and agency-specific knowledge on all of our engagements.
- Enterprise Architecture (EA), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), and Data Management
- Enterprise Portfolio, Program, and Project Management
- Business Process Reengineering (BPR), Requirements Analysis and Management
- Enterprise Integration — Financial, Human Resource, Acquisition
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Strategy, Management, and Implementation
- Cloud Computing, Open Source Solutions, and Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Geographical Information System (GIS), Enterprise Data Warehouse, and Business Intelligence (BI)
- Independent Validation and Verification (IV&V) and Quality Assurance (QA)
- Enterprise Application Modernization
Digital Government Strategy – Federal Agency
Our client was going through a business transformation modernizing their core enterprise business systems. They needed a better way to manage the operations for the transition.
HOW WE SOLVED THIS PROBLEM
We initially performed an assessment of the current state of the operations and maintenance and performed a gap analysis. We proposed a target state through areas of people, process, technology and governance. We implemented the target state of the operations and maintenance and streamlined the tier levels of the operations and maintenance of the modernized systems for the Federal Agency. The results were higher efficiency of the processes, lowered costs of maintenance, and overall customer satisfaction and adoption of the modernized systems.